The QA Manager will be responsible for the management and assurance of the quality of product produced by Berkshire Industries manufacturing facilities as well as oversight of quality performance of raw materials and outside processing. The QA Manager will coordinate necessary activities with other departments and staff to resolve any quality issues, as well as similar oversight of suppliers to Berkshire Industries. The QA Manager will interact with other Business Units in the development of a common Quality Management System and other matters deemed appropriate.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The following list of essential functions is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does
not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Manage the quality requirements for existing and new customers
- Maintain AS9100, ISO9001, and NADCAP registrations
- Identify objectives and maintain Key Performance Indicator (KPI) monthly tracking
- Ensure compliance with other quality requirements, including customer specific requirements
- Assist in developing and implementing the internal Quality Management System
- Coordinate submission of all required PPAP documentation
- Assure quality levels are achieved; maintain all applicable quality certifications and associated documentation.
- Schedule and supervise employees to meet the necessary task requirements.
- Evaluate each employee against applicable skill assessment for competency and any required training.
- Keep employees records and information necessary for reviews and disciplinary action if required.
- Work with the Quality Manager to review/streamline inspection processes
- Make necessary revisions in Quality Manual and Procedures to accommodate changes. This would apply to purchase product as well.
- Maintain company records to ensure accurate documents for reference when required.
- Establish effective MSA work instructions, forms, etc. & train as needed.
- Maintain effective GR&R activities & train as needed.
- Establish effective SPC work instructions, forms, etc. & train as needed.
- Assume the role of Management Representative.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Perform supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all company policies and applicable laws/regulations. This includes interviewing, hiring, and training employees, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, mentoring and disciplining employees, addressing complaints / resolving problems.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, COMPETENCIES, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situation to customer, suppliers, others, as well as employees of the organization.
- Baccalaureate degree or equivalent from a four-year college or two years related experience or training, or a various other associated degrees or certifications such as: Certified Quality Engineer, Certified Quality Technician, Certified Reliability Engineer, Certified Quality Auditor, Certified Quality Manager.
- Candidate must have excellent working knowledge and understanding of ISO9001, AS9100, and other standards/specifications as mandated.
- Background in the aerospace industry is preferred.